App Android & iOS
ANTONIO MILL HEADS
Molino large size, composed of different spaces and housing, with two buckets still preserved.
AQUEDUCT ROOSTER THE SEASIDE
Locked aqueduct which was built in masonry with lime mortar consists of a single span arch, submitted a thread formed by large slabs.
Very surface residues that were to change the grade of the road. By location, could be two cemeteries, the first of the farmhouse and the second Benzuete Fondón own.
BRIDGE CTRA. CACIN RJ FIELDS
Masonry bridge of a single eye-shaped red brick segmental arch, with simple moldings which are marked fascias and parapet boot. One of the side walls on which rests the bridge is crossed by a curious, small step footpath, with the same kind of arch, which passes under the road. Near the bridge, lower level, are the remains of an earlier bridge even greater ethnological value was demolished by a flood.
BRIDGE OVER BCO. Cacín
Beautiful masonry bridge and high-rise, old river road Andarax consisting of two bays of arch. The center stack is reinforced by a powerful wedge vertically beveled on both sides, as a breakwater. The ends are constituted by flaps that open paths divergently, drawn at an angle.
C º OF FOUNDRY LIVE
Old mining road still unpaved, with path-Fondón Instinción establishing accessed from the Middle to Upper Andarax. Had its main utility in facilitating the departure of lead generated on various historical foundries the northern slope of Sierra de Gador. In addition to the TM Fondón, runs through those Almócita, Padules, Canjayar, Ragol and Instinción.
Especially significant is the ordeal of Fondón, the end of a spectacular sense Via Crucis revived every Good Friday. Located on the site of the Erilla Empedrá, dominates the town and the valley. What are three crosses of stone, carved with motifs of the Passion of Christ, on pedestals of different origin: two millstones and other base with reliefs of cherubs. The Via Sacra was established at this place in the s. XVII and rising in this place the Cross of the Martyrs, reminding Christians that were killed by the Moors in Christmas 1568. In its vicinity was one of the poorest neighborhoods, built at the end of s. XVIII, populated mostly by families of miners.
: Gypsum Mines with their ovens. Assembly halls and tunnels dug into the ground with cylindrical kilns built in masonry where extracted and transformed the plaster for construction.
Cave in the rock, of small proportions.
Chapel of the Holy Souls
Next to the shrine of Sorrows this small and simple construction, dedicated to the Blessed Souls in Purgatory, devotion widespread throughout La Alpujarra, and in a special way in Fondón stands, and can find its origin in the rebellion of the Moors and martyrdom of Christians in the old 1568. Although it has been recently rebuilt, no data that allow us to date it to the early seventeenth century. Inside you can see a relief depicting the Virgin of Carmen taking souls in purgatory, and classic oil lamp.
Church of San Andrés
Built before 1560, its original appearance, and until the second half of the eighteenth century, should be very similar to the church of San Juan Evangelista Paterna del Río, completed in 1548: basilica plan divided into three aisles by three arches on pillars , a foot high choir, chancel square differentiated transverse arch and straight head, brick walls combined with mamposteríal drawers, and a set of armor composed of a rectangular files in the central nave, two side lean-to square and other files on the chancel. Outwardly, and attached to the temple by the side of the head tower stood. It was from 1760 when they began to undertake the transformations that have given the temple its present appearance. The first was the construction of the chapel of Christ the Light, and we discussed at another stop. The second major change was the concealment of their armor by baroque domes, plaster and hurdle by Juan José Fernández Bravo. Both the nave and the side, is a molduración entablature, with transverse arches and lunettes. The last post was occupied by a large choir loft with two stands, on a basket arch, decorated with geometric stucco. On the platform side of the gospel in 1796 placed the body by Tomás Pavón, and took the box from the previous organ, 1760, likely the work of Joaquín Jiménez. The chapel was covered with a vaulted ceiling decorated with stucco moldings paired arranged radially from a central star. The third transformation is that the temple has more personality. A tower is too late eighteenth raised because no sooner heard the bells throughout the town and valley. It was very important to listen well to regulate irrigation and administration of medicines to the sick. The result was a tall slender tower reminiscent of western Andalusia, and highlight the body sobrecampanas, octagonal pilasters flanking the openings, and roof or spire is covered with slate tiles or scales. This tower is undoubtedly the emblem and pride of the whole village. In the Civil War most of its historical and artistic heritage was destroyed: images, altarpieces, paintings, jewelry, ...
COLLECTION OF RAMON VALVERDE
Accumulation of agricultural implements, mining, and everyday use.
Cruz de San Bartolo
Numerous elements of popular religiosity, both preserved in place names such as exist today. Among these is the cross of San Bartolo. It goes back at least to the early nineteenth century and the popular tradition explains the intervention of this saint, stormy day, protect the village and its neighbors serious misfortunes. This is a great spherical stone, which according to tradition was swept away by a storm to this place without causing any damage, on which there is a niche with a simple iron cross inside. On August 24, we celebrate the "Velá", a festival organized by the residents and is a meeting place and the conversation with other people.
DRIVING Rambla J. CAMPOS
Athanors composite driving of approximately 60 cm. long, slightly conical, clay. Conserves precious cleaning records locked in a kind of niche masonry, with a settling chamber, consisting of a small clay Tinajilla.
ELTOS OF MILL Benecid
Cones limestone grinding the same material. Small metal press. It was collected in Stock Building of the Ministry of Popular Culture JA, and must be discontinued due to its demolition.
ERAS OF ABENZUETE
Set of three large eras, are paved with boulders.
Ermita de San Marcos
This simple chapel was built in the first half of the nineteenth century, in the, by then, populous Barrio Nuevo. This had been the expansion area of \u200b\u200btown for two centuries before, and where they had settled mainly shepherds and their flocks, and at the time of its construction it was even with the advent of very many families of miners to work in the lead Sierra Gador. The building stood on the site of the ancient cross of San Marcos, which dated back to the times of the Reforestation of s. XVI. Save inside pictures of San Marcos, San Isidro and Santa María de la Cabeza. The patron saint festival is held in late April. It is also the start of the pilgrimage that moved in mid-May to the images of San Isidro and Santa María de la Cabeza river and is organized by a stewardship that goes back to s. XVIII
Source rectangular stone basin, some authors cite as jasper, single pipe on a vertical structure, which is engraved the date of construction, with slightly pyramidal top of the same material and topped by wrought iron cross with arms decorated with double scrolls.
Godoy House Laureano
This remarkable building is mid-eighteenth century. The history of this house date back to 1689, when he was a moral garden that the city bought its owner to give more breadth to the square and the church door. But shortly after the notary Godoy Laureano solar Aguilera claimed as his, and try build the house, the council banned. In 1752, once the municipal opposition, were working the foundations of this house, which also send build the scribe, the son of the former, and Arevalo Godoy Laureano, very influential personality in the entire second half of the eighteenth century. In this house were born Joaquín Godoy Manrique, senator at the time of Isabel II, and Emiliano Godoy Godoy, Almeria important painter of the late nineteenth century. Urbanistically, shows the change in importance of Plaza Alta or Don Francisco Campos, the old square of the sixteenth century, the new space in the eighteenth century that was being built. Architecturally highlights that give the intense color drawers framed in whitewashed brick masonry. It is curious how the cover is off center and moved to the right half of the main facade. The front door is framed between two pillars of brick and stone on both sides with two hollow cantilever bars are arranged, on the first floor there is a balcony over the front door with iron railing and topped by a pediment with coat of Godoy, the side windows show similar to the lower floor grates, and are also topped by pediments. All around the house at the second floor gallery of arches framed by pilasters. The interesting side facade shows a barred window similar to those previously discussed, in the first floor level, a balcony with iron railing and geminados hollow arches, supported on a column; same layout on the second floor, but lower height.
HOUSE FERNANDO AGUILERA
House large rectangular with three heights. Simple façade transformed. Remains of chains and corner stones in masonry plinth new bill. Enrrejados balconies of different size. Courtyard, open with 4 Tuscan columns supporting limestone wooden bases which rest on large beams, also in wood, as a powerful lintels. In the original cobbled floor remains. Stairwell consists of 3 sections and 2 landings clay tile with wood nosings. The single rail barrotaje wrought iron and wood railings.
HOUSE OF Godoy
House with 3 lengths and 2 facades. From classicist, the decoration is concentrated around the openings, mainly central. Particular emphasis the main facade. This, is organized on the ground floor with 3 large bays, the central being the larger and the creator of the axis of symmetry for structuring and composing the facade harmoniously. The openings are lintels, highlighting the plant using molded frames, which are fluted pilasters on small plinths. The side windows are also framed with simple moldings and large grills features of the site. The second floor, like the bottom, has 3 balconies on acornisados \u200b\u200bprotrusions resting on braces. The balconies barrotaje presents decoration double spirals. They are also lintels, highlighting the central balcony kick as the frame holds a small highly decorated entablature. The third body is easier. The building is topped with a cover launa.
HOUSE OF M ª GADOR OLIVER
Building fronting two streets at right angles. Presents three separate steak, decorated with fake stones being the first, while the second and third bodies are smooth veneer. The openings are lintels, being evenly distributed and recercados by sash. On the main façade, the first body and central space, the cover, appearing on same stucco decoration drapery. Is mid enrrejado flanked by gate and balcony. On the first floor three balconies on molded shelves, protected by railings heavily decorated with spirals, being larger corresponding to the central bay, whose base is supported by scrolled brackets appear. The third body, low height, it is for the cameras, showing horizontal development spans ventilated enclosure of bricks in diamond. Revised 3/1/03.
House on the Square Fountain Girl
This elegant hotel was built in the second half of the eighteenth century. Its plot is remarkable amplitude relative to the average size of the buildings in the town of approximately square and three stories, featuring the old facade placeta Cross of Souls, and the side of Avenida Cristobal Guerrero . The interior contains some interesting elements, such as the stairwell, in three shots, covered by a magnificent barrel vault with lunettes fajones and decorated with stucco rosettes, which mimics the central nave of the parish, and that is contemporary. The main facade distributes its gaps in three areas, all of relative amplitude and trellises, the ends of the ground floor have been recently modified, and originally offered with wide overhanging eaves covered, the rest are balconies, highlighting the central axis, on ledges molded and trimmed plates and combs with vegetative elements in relief between the side balconies. Almost unique in the county is the cover, framed by Tuscan-Doric entablature with triglyphs and metopes and columns. The eaves of some length, reinforced at the corners with groups of three irons in S. A mid-nineteenth century the rich marriage of D. Bueso Bernardo and María Josefa Rivas bought it from the heirs of D. José Sánchez Guillén, who belonged to cure since the beginning of the century. There are still elderly Fondón that tell the legend of how Bernard, carpenter and small businessman, after a trip to Granada in search of work, met a strange man who told him about the existence of a hidden treasure Fondón gardening, and that was the beginning, once found, to his immense fortune, one of the largest of Almería in the second half of the nineteenth century.
It was "Empedrá"
Was isolated, it paved with boulders.
La Fuente Grande
This pillar is a truly remarkable work, characterized by being the only known example of completely free, of classicist monumental fountain, built in stone and conglomerate sillarejos in the county. It has two fronts, corresponding to the main human and animal use rear. The main facade, which faces the square, has three stacks to accommodate the pitchers on that drain the three pipes shaped bronze lion's head. Above these pipes white marble headstone with the following inscription was placed: "Mr Dn Reynando Carlos IV Year 1790 this work was done." The back, looking at Almeria Street, is structurally similar but less ornate, with two pipes that drain over a large basin-trough. The whole is surmounted by two balls on plinths, and in the center a royal crown on the shield of Spain, giving the front and rear a tombstone referred to the governing authorities at the time and the method of financing the work. La Fuente Grande is one of the two pillars of the Council Fondón built in 1790 to replace two tanks since Moorish times served to supply water to the population and producing many health problems. The project is also justified by morality, to end appointments and meetings Couple in reservoirs paragraphs under the guise of bringing water. The author of the project was the master architect Antonio Francisco Quintillán and Lois, member of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando. The project included bringing water directly through a pipe of about 5,000 yards from the springs of Sierra Gador to two pillars. The amount of the work amounted to 60,000 reais. The work was led by Mayor Juan Gabriel del Moral. The pillar was inaugurated on December 12, 1790, with a civic-religious ceremony, "general joy and applause from both neighborhoods, whose natural expressed thousand expressions of joy for having achieved the remedy of many temporal and spiritual evils which have experienced in this town for the misuse of drinking water from the two reservoirs of the population outside the walls ", as stated in the documentation of the period. It is an example of the action of the Enlightenment of the eighteenth century, in this case, to ensure public health, and shows the economic and demographic development of Fondón of those years. It is also the only known example of free source of these dimensions in the county, and this originality must add its main feature: two spaces differentiation in human and animal consumption.