App Android & iOS
From a distance surprises with its houses trimmed in white slopes of Sierra Nevada in winter. Abla is halfway between the valley and the mountain, the valley or the leafy grove with respect to the nearby forest of pines. In this scenario an ancient population, which reached special moments of brilliance with the Roman city of Abula, materialized in a mausoleum and several tombstones, or the Hispano culture, we only have the esplanade of the ancient citadel in the part was installed highest in the urban fabric. The present municipality was created in 1834 and has several scattered nuclei, such as Los Milanes, Boards o Oleanders, still maintaining the flavor of architecture and traditional culture. The saw is an opportunity for many marked trails or collecting mushrooms at the right time. They are opportunities for Abla.
Abrucena is a Spanish municipality in the province of Almería, Andalusia. Is located on the northern slope of Sierra Nevada, in the county of Los Filabres-Taverns and 41 km. the provincial capital, Almería. Unknown exact origin of the name Abrucena, although some historians have concluded that its origin is Latin. In what is now the village a Roman military camp or name Apricius Lauricius settled. During the Moorish domination appears with the name of Laurisana. In the sixteenth century is documented as Lauricena, Laurcicena and Uricena and as Laurucena in litigation documents and Abrucena Abla. From the seventeenth century appears in all documents as Labrucena voice that still today can hear along with Abrucena. From the above it follows that the origin of the name of the village dates back to the Roman camp Lauricius.
Height reflects the diversity of La Alpujarra, from the sub-desert landscape of ravines and gullies in the lower zone to the pines and oaks of the Hill of Montenegro. But close up, white farmhouse appears lying riverside Birth, axis of life, and the Rock of the Queen as a link with prehistory and the ancient world. Closest are cultural references Peñón del Moro, the world of ancient Boloduy Hispano, or the Clock Tower, the newest symbol. Both elements are connected by a timeline that has been especially rich criteria. That historical memory is embodied in two different urban areas, high areas of the districts of the Mosque or Barranco, irregularly distributed, hidden streets and traditional eaves, which hark back to medieval past, and the middle and lower neighborhoods, linking with the Christian world until the nineteenth century, mining and grapes. Approaching revive Alboloduy is a special experience in time.
A medium mountain the main town, Alcolea, defined by the white alpujarreño their village, but also the slums of Lucainena Darrical and incorporated in 1997 with the construction of the dam is situated Beninar not alone. Hilly and steep, pine stocking and some relict oaks, Territory dominate the landscape, but if we approach the valley, stands the olive tree, with its huge trees and century, linked to the agricultural development of the eighteenth century and now an oil permit excellent quality. The origins are medieval and especially the world Hispano, which will provide water mime, smallholdings and small subsistence farming. Then comes the strong Christian religiosity reflected in their chapels and spaces of popular devotion. We can not forget to approach Alcolea. The experience will bring us back.
Alhabia is a Spanish municipality in the province of Almería, Andalusia. It has 671 inhabitants. It is located at an altitude of 295 meters and 27 kilometers from the provincial capital, Almería.
Alhama de Almería
Alhama de Almería is a Spanish municipality in the province of Almeria in Andalusia autonomous community located in Almeria and the Alpujarra valley Andarax. It is located at an altitude of 520 m and 25 km from the provincial capital, Almería. The town has been called throughout history: Alhama Dry, Alhama de Salmerón and Alhama de Almería and is known for being the birthplace of former president of the First Spanish Republic, Nicolás Salmerón Alonso (1838 - 1908). Around the town, we found prehistoric remains (as the necropolis of the Loma Galera), but in the neighboring town of Santa Fe de Mondújar the village of Millares is. There is evidence of the existence of a Roman settlement, as evidenced by numerous findings, projecting the appearance in 1984 of a marble statue of female figure, "the Lady of Alhama", found in the vicinity of hydrothermal spring. Verily, under the Municipal Fronton remains of an imposing Roman villa was found. On the Christianization of the town there is no doubt therefore remains skylights were also found with the characteristic Crismón (sign of Jesus Christ). Since ancient times belonged to the Diocese of Urci (Pendant).
Andarax river water, source of life for the entire valley, the protagonist in your raft located in the heart of the village with a twelfth century bathrooms. Agriculture took center stage as local economic base from the world and remained Hispano Christian era, with special emphasis in the nineteenth century with the green stain grape vines boat, whose wealth allowed raise important bourgeois houses that dot the village. But that is the memory, now dominates the orange, in irrigation, with serious performance, while the olive and almond trees adapted to dry. Alicún awaits us to enjoy their identity, in a haven of peace and contact with nature.
Almócita is surrounded by orchards, dry land and a forest of recent recruitment. The landscape reminds us water and agriculture as related to the world historical constants and then Hispanic-Moorish continuity. Precisely War Moorish ruins of Las Paces Inn, where the surrender with D. Juan de Austria was signed in 1570 remain. But we also can not forget the parish church, whose courtyard houses an interpretive space on Moorish architecture of La Alpujarra. More recent are the remains of the Royal Road Foundries (a road route communicating the mountains and lead extracted with the port of Almeria), some testimonials from smelters and mines in the nineteenth century, and still the terraced agricultural boom Grape Ohanes ship or to the eighties of the last century. But all this is gone we have to learn and retain, but look to the future. Almócita and people give us a haven of peace that we enjoy.
We are in the valley of the river Nacimiento, where urban village dominated by the volume of the church, in contrast to the hard, barren landscape of the "badlands" or wasteland crossed by ravines and gullies eroded severely. Instead refreshing watering gardens derive hispanomusulmán world. Crisis after the Moorish expulsion of 1570 was recovered only in the eighteenth century with the population growth and cultivated land, and during the nineteenth with the splendor of the grapes of Almeria. Today is a quiet town Alsodux maintaining traditional farming and the care of the water, but looks forward to sharing those feelings with visitors.
We are in the provincial summit over 1200 meters high, and that we perceive. The town is literally hanging on the mountainside and surrounded by exceptional natural scenery and wide variety, which include dense pine forests and lush oaks. This scenario determines the urban fabric, which, although very recently transformed, maintains the traditional habitat alpujarreño cubic housing one or two floors, tiered decks and eaves. The winding and steep streets add to the charm. The backgrounds are Hispano, which will give us the wise use of water and reduced to subsistence agriculture today, but left us a heritage of striking rural cottages, were threshing mills, fountains and irrigation pond, plus terraces or small plots irrigation are terraced. We are bound to enjoy two separate viewpoints to recognize these hallmarks, which we must complete with an itinerary on foot through those corners. The experience did not disappoint.
Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Almeria, in a kind of mountainous amphitheater that overlooks the river valley Andarax, Beires shows that typical image alpujarreña clean white houses, winding streets and steep slopes, but contrasting with the green of the valley and orchards that surround us. The urban area is divided into two neighborhoods, but dominated above by Castillejo or the remains of the Moorish castle, and below, the shrine of the Virgin of the Helpless, or Tres Pueblos, it is revered and situated halfway with Almócita and Padules. It is still in the memory of the hard work in the iron mines of the Sierra, maintained until the sixties of last century, and therefore installed Open Mining Museum for different corners of the village. We want to engage the visitor to our historical memory.
His famous tesorillo preserved in the National Archaeological Museum Hispano takes us to the world. No wonder his name from Ben (son of) and Tariq (Berber leader who started the occupation of the Iberian Peninsula). From that time the hydraulic system and carefully agriculture remains. Became an independent municipality of Terque in 1835, and soon will be the economic boom of the grape boat covering the whole plain and terraces climbing the river banks. A barrilería is mute testimony to the auxiliary packaging industry for transportation, plus simple classical bourgeois homes. But the most interesting urban testimony, although in need of urgent rehabilitation, is the Big House, a magnificent example of stately home of the Old Regime. Bentarique has qualities to surprise and were waiting with open arms.
His name "La Alpujarra door" is well deserved, as it covers from the coast to peaks above 2000 meters in Sierra Gador, sea and mountain as a land of contrasts, an adjective that defines our Alpujarra. The Sierra and the clear waters of the rivers Grande and Chico please allow Berja water sources and its identity. The result is a landscape endowed with great personality, and exalted by the romantic travelers of the nineteenth century. This richness and diversity can be seen not only a village located in a central position in the town, with a stellate and irregular setting the vega. But in many surrounding neighborhoods: Alcaudique, Benejí, Castala, Chiran, Peñarrodada ... To understand these keys must go back to the past. San Tesifón, your employer, defined the Roman world and early Christianity, but it will last hispanomusulmán who will leave a lasting impression with the Alcazaba Villavieja. But the brightest moment for Berja be the nineteenth century, first with lead mining and then grape boat, materializing their mark on magnificent bourgeois homes of the nouveau riche. Let us approach Berja to recover that memory of the past.
Beautiful people of the Alpujarra.
From a privileged balcony, which until recently looked out upon a garden of vines, we get the white farmhouse Canjayar, sinuous, elongated, steep slopes, where gardens, squares and viewpoints contributions to the simple sensations built space. It is the essence of La Alpujarra, with terracing hillsides worked hard since last hispanomusulmán, but today, in many cases, gaps in the absence of profitable crops. But let's be optimistic and to do the Santa Cruz del Voto, perfect testimony of profound popular religiosity from the modern age has come to today, and he brings passion and excitement for the festivities. In 2011 the fourth centenary of the apparition with a solemn Jubilee Year was celebrated. Do not forget to enjoy the urban corners, because an open museum with ceramic panels brings us to the past, also visible in fountains, gazebos and bourgeois homes, memories of a recent splendor. Come and enjoy, are invited.
Beautiful people of the Alpujarra.
Beautiful people of the Alpujarra.
Beautiful people of the Alpujarra.
Fiñana is a town and municipality in the Spanish province of Almería in the autonomous community of Andalusia, located in the region of Filabres-Taverns and 71 km from the provincial capital, Almería. Its main activity is agriculture and particularly cereal crops, olives and beets, in addition to food industries and iron mines. Fiñana was a disputed border, thus forming a melting pot. A Fortress Mora, a church and a mosque are its milestones; undisputed center of his term and head region of Birth river. The Parish and the Shrine of Our Lord Jesus (old Almohad mosque) are two privileges, making manifest the evolution of faiths, with their lifestyles, as elsewhere in the environment, coexistence and overlapping of the current inhabitants transcendent diversity and landscape complexity. The remains of the citadel declare their location in a natural corridor repeatedly disputed border territory from outside, it is among Guadix, Baza and Almeria, and from within, thus monopolizing the current terms of Abla, Abrucena and Las Tres Villas, despite have had different councils. It was founded by the Romans, to control the road between Almeria, Guadix and Granada. It joined the Kingdom of Granada, and will be officially stopped in 1489, when the Catholic Kings stayed overnight in the town and became part of the crown of Castile. So there are two Fiñanas, Arab steep streets with convoluted and abalconamientos the valley, and Christian Finana, which grows along the Calle Real, tacheada of religious buildings. And as the town motto says: "" Finana: Villa Hidalga and Moorish "".
In the eastern part of the Alpujarra, at a height of 850 meters above sea level in a beautiful valley route west to east through the upper reaches of the river and Andarax Gador formed between the south and the mountains of Sierra Nevada in the north is Fondón. Form municipality along with her two other villages, and Benecid Source Victoria. Give special landscapes from one considerable snow and foliage for the province to more typical environment eroded areas. Territory of abundant wealth, the result of the settlements and the cultural crossroads in place. The first human settlements in the valley show prehistoric sites in enclaves and even Roman remains as the necropolis of Santa Rita Road in Benecid. In medieval times, Muslims settlements conducted rearing silkworms, coming to get some fame quality silk moral Valley. In Christian times, was Fondón a key role in the rebellion of the Moors of the Alpujarras, between 1568 and 1570. In the farm of the "Oak of peace" negotiations to end the conflict, with the participation of Don Juan of Austria, brother of Philip II and the envoys of Aben Aboo were performed. The last Muslim resistance, represented by monfíes, refused to leave the place despite the abolition of customs and the limitations imposed on their modus vivendi. Fondón restocking after the expulsion of the Moriscos of the Kingdom of Granada would be done by Mayor Don Alonso de Frias, Mayor of the Alpujarra, which would bring a number of old Christians from outside the Kingdom of Granada. With two new councils in Codba, Source Victoria, with 79 new settlers and Fondón with 64 settlers, of which 20 will settle Benecid. For 1572 was finalized Fondón sharing, being the origin of the settlers, especially Valdepeñas de Jaén and indigenous Jarama Valley. Castilianization start installing it in society. On the one hand, represented in Fondón through the church, the main source, Bow auction house and Del Moral, in Codba, then Source Victoria, the Castilian model is further highlighted by new construction. Another historic moment to remember is the War of Independence, with vital evidence in Fondón as witnessed skirmishes between the Spanish and the French troops Patriots or Frenchified.
Never a municipality was more identified with a building, but the volume of the church of the convent of Augustinian The highlights from any perspective of the urban fabric. But also, it is no coincidence, because town and church have been historically associated. If the Islamic period the population and political center was in the nearby town of Cerro de Marchena, after 1489 Christian rule in the territory passed to the Duke of Maqueda Manor, who moved to the center and convent Huécija becomes the reference religious and ideological. Browse the hamlet is get into that alpujarreña interrelationship between built space and garden annex, Moorish flavor. If we take the visit of the orange bloom, smells become unforgettable.
The municipality has Illar 19.19 km2 and belongs to the region of the Middle Valley Andarax to 425 meters above the sea level. The first written documentation about the village is Muslim times, given by the Almeria geographer Idrisi in the twelfth century, by enrolling in the founding of settlement activity and Urs al-Yaman about 20 castles, which were intended to ensure control the territory and increase their tax capacity.
The usual broken and rugged hillside of La Alpujarra relief allows us to enjoy Mediterranean vegetation levels, from the semi-arid scrub to the snowy peaks in winter. This contrast can be seen in the urban area, dominated by the volume of the church, between the Barrio Alto, primitive urban core, more compacted and irregular, with respect to the urban expansion of the nineteenth century, thanks to the strength of the grape boat with a flatter path and regulate streets. The backgrounds are Islamic, because in those times began to conserve water for agriculture, materializing today on 36 sources, bringing the sap of life. Various viewpoints on the urban allow us to see that natural reality and relax in a unique experience. Approach Instinción.
Las Tres Villas
Las Tres Villas is a Spanish municipality in the province of Almería, Andalucía, formed by the towns of Doña María, Escúllar and Ocaña.
We are in a privileged location at the foot of Sierra Nevada and Sierra de Gádor face. This allows us an abundance of water, the sources and pillars punctuate our urban route with a touch of freshness and agriculture occupying the valley from the Islamic past. Today the role it has life, which allows for fine wines, and before it was silk and luxury industry. If we looked at last time is a brilliant step Hispano whose material witness is the Alcazaba. The post-Christian world had an economic recovery in the eighteenth century with the textile industry and the expansion of cultivated area, giving us this stately houses gentry, organized around a central courtyard with Moorish tradition. But Laujar Andarax approach forces us to introduce in the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada through the Area of \u200b\u200bBirth, and thence viewpoints, trails, lodging spaces or mountain climbing, bring us sensations that force us to go back. Try the experience