App Android & iOS
ª DOLORES D RAFT
Small raft, built of masonry, which collected the water from the source of the Barrio Alto. Today feeds on Acequia Gorda. Built in the home orchard for irrigation.
Area RV "Pareje of Alcoholera" of Canjayar
This is a place for RV parking meter with twelve spaces for parking, including spring water and drain. Lighting in the area. Located in the Spot The Alcoholera alongside the sports of Canjayar.
BODEGA DEJ. ª G VALVERDE
Vaulting under street level containing an old press, with newspapers and other small equipment for juice extraction.
Oven barrel vault, underground, covered with clay blocks, on which rests a second recessed dome, supported by brick arches.
BRIDGE OF BALD
Concrete bridge coated artificial stonework and masonry, with two segmental arches 20 meters each light.
BRIDGE THE 7 EYES
Puente High quality construction with seven bays with lower arch and a higher arch. Masonry construction with brick arches and corner posts. Pretiles limestone, one of the minor arcs is blinded, possibly for strength.
C NUMBER OF LIVE LASFUNDICIONES
Antigua causeway linking the Presidio and Foundries Realesdel Alcora and other minor located at the base of the Gador.
CASA C / S.JUAN CROSS 17
Two-storey house with cornice arches formed by tile. Vanos with segmented arch. Railing on balconies decorated with segmented arches and leads. Bars on ground floor with ledge and highlight on top.
CASAS DE CUEVAS ALCORA º C
Set horizontal arrangement caves houses excavated in the loamy soil and conglomeratic.
CASTILLEJO OF CANJAYAR
Remains of masonry with lime mortar and remains of dry stone wall, located peripherally to the esplanade of San Blas.
CASTING REAL ALCORA
Group of buildings and facilities that were the Real Cast Alcora. Are two caissons masonry, twin entry, shrine, apartments, warehouses, stables, workshops with a fireplace quadrangular brick, was cobbled twin smelters and one third for desilvering system, mechanical grinding, shed to store explosives , SE end niche in the protection of detonators, remains closed wall on natural crack, great balsón wash (now underground), etc..
One of the most representative expressions of the architecture of the Alpujarra is the troglodyte cave houses habitat at the foot of the hill of San Blas. Its historical background is unknown but possibly this settlement increased population growth since the second half of the nineteenth to the economic boom of the grape boat across the valley Andarax. The hill has traditionally hosted a series of caves organized in rows and levels, and whose access is through winding roads. The Uptown are very degraded, converted into pens of conversely next to the road and perfectly integrated into the urban fabric. These homes usually have a facade projection work of the mountain side, to frame and enhance housing, which develops into a long tunnel about 40 meters deep, across the hill to cut back, and sides of the tunnel They are placing the rooms. Usually oriented towards the south and bioclimatic presents a perfect solution, allowing heat inside in winter and cool in summer. This particular cave is now a store but will be rehabilitated as Tourist Information Point Canjayar and simple visitor reception center.
CAVE HOUSES / CERRO S. BLAS
Set cave houses surrounding loamy hill of San Blas.
Cleavage in a pit that leads to a karst cave, with three rooms and a well. Potsherds appear.
Tajo artificial caves that served as silos.
Cemetery triangular floor stores with niches on tombs and mausoleums.
CERRILLO OF RAMBLAS
Cerro extension in mountainous, with strong strategic and visual value, the lower peak is at least a prehistoric tomb and Roman remains downward slope.
Aqueduct single span reinforced concrete lintel, which saves a great trench of the county road. Of particular note are two small structures with pyramidal top ball at the apex, which breached through the inlet and outlet of the aqueduct.
Chapel of Souls
(XIX century). It is strategically located on the old road to Ohanes, the bottom of the hill of the same name, and so we can deduce that here one entrance to the town was located. We are facing a small square building with a triangular pediment gable or pediment mode, housing the image of the Virgen del Carmen. Purgatory is the place of atonement of the misconduct, and as Christianity was the intermediate step between heaven and hell for those souls who had not sinned enough. His doctrinal consolidation will be the Counter and the Council of Trent, considering that the souls can and should be helped and aided by the faithful, fasting, alms, prayers and votes. The interior iconographic content is very simple: a small altar and above a picture of souls, a sheet with the image of the Virgen del Carmen enthroned, consoling and taking some flames souls, aided by angels. There is usually a light permanently lit with electric light or candle wax or oil, plus decorated with artificial flowers. The entrance door has a peephole for the faithful to look inside and a slot connected to the brush to collect money from the devotees.
CHICO RIVER BRIDGE
Bridge with two spans, built in masonry, for the most part. The arches and corner posts are constructed of brick alfahar. Tajamal has to protect the battery from flooding. Presents step, attached, from a ditch.
Church of the Holy Cross Guest Canjayar
(XVI-XVIII century). Domina its imposing volume on the Plaza of the Constitution and the urban fabric, but also keeps the most precious object for buckets: the Santa Cruz Guest. The present church was built in the eighteenth century (between 1769 and 1777) on an earlier sixteenth Under Counter Model and baroque Latin cross plan with a single nave covered with a barrel vault and cruising dome on scallops with while the tower raised on the front foot, and the nineteenth century is to replace the destroyed by the earthquake of 1804. The altarpiece, like all church ornaments, paintings and sculptures that are worshiped, are modern works made after the Civil War. Particularly noteworthy a kneeling angel, also contemporary work, carrying a reliquary cross in their cells enclosing small stones from the Holy Land: the Santa Cruz Voting. This reliquary, to tradition, was found in 1611 in a wall of the baptistery of the previous church, the sexton of the parish, Juan Matias de Peralta, who had been the harbinger of the cross in a dream. The cross apparently had been hidden to rid the desecration during the Moorish revolt of 1568. It was a perfect manifestation of popular religious fervor and atmosphere of the seventeenth century, becoming the hallmark of Canjayar. In 1958, Cruz will be enriched with inlay of "lignum crucis" and Pope Benedict XVI granted in 2011 to commemorate the Jubilee Year of the fourth centenary of the discovery. This has meant the opportunity for liturgical celebrations and cultural activities. The memory of the fourth centenary should be permanent, so that during these months Canjayar became a place of pilgrimage and worship, as well as a cultural reference.
CIPRES / MAGNOLIO A. NAVARRO
Sempervirens cypress and ancient magnolia large size and seniority.
CORRALON / CAVE THE DUMB
Great hoquedad in limestone, enclosed by dry stone walls, creating a large corral.
It was paved with large slabs.
ERAS OF PORTACHUELO
Set of two eras paved with boulders and radial structure on either side of a small promontory. The floor was a small silo has dug into the ground.