App Android & iOS
Alcazaba de Marchena
Remains of walls, cisterns and part of the grounds of the old citadel. In the highest part of the hill the tank, rectangular, built of masonry and covered with a barrel vault is the same material, after the tank are remains of masonry walls and immediately you will find a long room, where featured a arched vain. Lower bound in two new wells appear, the first barrel vault reinforced with three arches and the second is a raft excavated in the ground, rectangular, large proportions. In the lower areas of the mountain a series of walls that are adapted to the soil can be seen. CERRO MARCHENA: With consequent major settlement for permanent succession of cultures and people in the environment remains. This site and remains of Roman culture to a greater extent, Muslim succeed being during the Muslim period when Marchena Castle played a key role in controlling the flow through the Valle del Andarax to High Alpujarra. Due to its strategic position suffered several destructions and reconstructions until its complete destruction in 1522 because of an earthquake. Today we find several cisterns and remains of the wall, being declared of Cultural Interest on June 29, 1985. HISTORICAL NOTES MARCHENA: Probably the first cultural Terque settlement dating back to prehistoric times, whose sun village of ancient caves is found in the environment that occupants Thousands heirs in 2500 BC the Neolithic culture. But before Terque was Marchena, a hill that its strategic importance and location will be witnessed successive cultures throughout the centuries. In the Middle Ages, Marchena is Muslim (Marshana), and is part of its founding and settlement activity in the territory of Urs al-Yaman about 20 castles, the configuration over time as the most important fort in the area. From the thirteenth century to form the Nasrid sultanate, Marchena will name a taha. Ten places such taha composed and ruled from the fort, which dominated the region, the inputs and outputs of the Alpujarra taha Alboloduy, Gergal and Valley Pendant. Marchena consisted of three successive fillings with ceramic abudante and varied, some been dated in the twelfth century. The peak corresponds to the castle itself, and it confined enclosure with five homers towers. Among the traces that appear several wells and a piece of wall. On the slopes cemeteries with matching marble tombstones were kufic, which were a source of legend among the locals because it is still talking about the "BOOK OF MUHAMMAD". Terque to the side of Marchena, it is shaping as a people, and after the surrender of Baza and Almeria in the capitulations of 1489, will begin its modern history.
ANGEL VALVERDE HOUSE
Two-storey building. The façade has three axes of equal spans each, consisting of segmented arches, moldings recercados by presenting the lower bars up to ground level and railings on the balconies. These shelves have bonded molding dividing the bodies. The whole facade is framed by stone plinth, the upper side bolsters and entablamenteo.
ARC OF VISTILLAS
Single span aqueduct built in masonry, the brick arch is alfahar leads water channel of the Canadas.
August 1, Terque: Summer Holidays
First weekend in August Rescued from the past, are dedicated to the Patron of the town, St. James, in recent years there has been a boom in its conclusion by the dates they are celebrated. Clothing to parties during the week before the Cultural Week is organized offering a range of leisure and entertainment for residents and participants.
Bed "The House of the Musician"
Charming house with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, wheelchair accessible, with central heating and air conditioning in public areas, terrace with barbecue, lounge with fireplace, fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, oven, hob) and games .
Specializing in grilled meat
Cemetery eclectic style, surrounded by a masonry wall. Stresses the cover, of arch shouldered the key on jambs with transoms, all in brick. Is framed by pilasters and simple entablamentotambien brick, resting on a pediment of mixtilíneo with side profile shots and forging cross. The tympanum a small niche image appears. A cross on wrought iron stand is in the middle of the cemetery.
Riparian vegetation, scrub, pine reforestation.
CERROS CAVES OF THE CROSS AND THE VIRGIN
Set of traditional cave house of significant landscape value. Many of them still in use. Stresses the Cave of Solitude Soriano, on the hill of the Cross. It has two staggered heights with staircase.
CHANNEL TUNNEL THE GLENS
Tunnels excavated in various mountains crossed by the canal, embovedados masonry.
CHAPEL OF TERQUE ANINMAS
Ermita-Qubba quadrangular, built in concrete, single door. Cover with semicircular dome., Topped by simple iron cross. Presents altar painting of the Virgin of Carmen.
Church of Santiago de Terque
(XVII Century). The original church was built in the first half of the sixteenth and was burned during the Moorish rebellion. Apparently, built on the site of the old mosque showing the exterior well as appeared in a recent restoration, which gap we see in the pavement. Simple structure, this Mudejar church has a single nave with chancel differentiated by slightly pointed transverse arch, featuring the two resulting spaces covered by armor limabordón, although the hood shows the central more cloth decorated with patterns of loop. The tower was rebuilt from 1859 by architect Fabio Almeria Gago, who restored the entire cover. Next to it is the old side entrance, also hewn, blinded today. The clerestory, which allows great interior lighting, was opened in the 50s coincided with a strengthening of the exterior walls to eliminate dangerous cracks in the ceiling. From this period are also the images of worship (the original disappeared during the Civil War), which features a Dolorosa, Jesus de Perceval, and murals painted in 1953 by the painter Almeria Miralles Ruiz. Inside the church stands the magnificent Chapel of the Virgen del Rosario, before dedicated to the Virgen de la Aurora, elevated by the canon of Quito Luis Pérez Navarro for their family crypt. It is a private chapel square in plan and covered with a dome on scallops, divided into eight parts. The spandrels are decorated with stucco bulky and fleshy leaves and pebbles characteristic ornate baroque of the first half of the eighteenth century. One tradition tells that holds the remains of the fire 7 martyrs of the church with the Moorish rebellion in 1568.
(XIX century). Square has traditionally been the commercial and entertainment center, under the shade and charm of two magnificent Indian bananas and a centenary elm, large size and height. The space hosts events of the bourgeois architecture of the nineteenth century, especially the House of Valeriano Tortosa in # 4, a magnificent example of detached house on two floors in corner, whose wealth and decorativismo rivals the House of Horses in terms of prestige social. This grape exporter in mining and Beires, intended to show their economic power using historicist fashion models made by the architect Enrique López Rull Almeria. Other significant houses in this environment are the numbers 3 and 11 own square, José Romera at No. 7 and the Lopez family house Llobregat, Street Poet Villespesa # 1.
Enjoy a relaxing stay in La Alpujarra staying at our facility. Excellent atmosphere. Good price. Check disponibildiad calling our phone.
DANIEL HOUSE ROMERA
Two-storey building with flat roof and eaves of Arabic tiles. Flat bays, recercados by platabandas. The cover is framed by pilasters with entablature false, on the main balcony ledge, whose railing is decorated with squares eses and rests. On the left side of the facade, has a vertical shaft openings tejaroz trellises.
ERA OF VISTILLAS
Threshing was paved with boulders. About 20 meters in diameter. Next to housing and greenhouses.
ERA OF Yebras
Threshing was paved with boulders. About 14 meters in diameter.
Ethnographic Museum Terque
(Siglo XIX-XX). Is the former home of the Royal family Alonso 37th Street, the original main street that led to Alhabia and Bentarique. The building corresponds to a characteristic bourgeois historicist building design, organized around an arcaded courtyard lights wood eighteenth century, remodeled a century later. The museum specific environments are represented, as may be the school, the shops, the kitchen or the bedroom, the contents consist of ethnographic objects, photographs and original documents that help visitors to immerse themselves mentally in the near past of rural society being alpujarreña. Again we retrace our steps to proceed.
FABRIQUILLA LIGHT TERQUE
Remains of old hydroelectric power station, built in concrete. It retains the two staggered cubes, three bodies, which had, as aí charging channels and various media intended to machinery.
FAM HOUSE. PORRAS TORTOSA
Eclectic building, three floors. Visitable flat roof. Framed by side vertical stripes, with two separated by a molding that extends into the shelves of the balconies on the first floor, separating the ground floor of the two upper front. It has two vertical shafts flat bays framed by moldings top overalls, posing in both higher plants a little stilted arch in the center. Downstairs, the cover, which ranks right vain, missed overalls, finding the left protected by a vain rweja decorated with leads. Corresponding to the first floor are railing balconies with ornate decoration. Finally, for the second floor balconies seem old, now partially blinded, presenting insert two windows, protected by railings leads. The rest recercos these vain curiously overalls on the first floor. A railing crowns the facade overalls latest bill gets grabbed by plinths.
FAMILY HOUSE TORTOSA
Eclectic character building, two floors, with flat roof visitable. It has two facades squarely framed by stones, with three main vertical shafts and two secondary spans. The ground floor contains recercados in floral decoration and swords and overalls banked on the key. The balconies of the upper floor have shelves, supported by brackets and cornice linked by separating the bodies. These openings with moldings in the jambs, corbels have banked molded and decorated in the center, for overalls, which are supported by brackets. The facade is topped by a complex molded and denticulated entablature with architrave, frieze with medallion and brackets supporting the cornice. About this a railing as a breastplate that protects the terrace, whose sections are separated by plinths with spikes appears striking. Inside features covered patio lights and first floor gallery.
Forest Ribera del Rio Andarax
Riparian vegetation, irrigated crops (citrus, grapevine)
HISTORICAL MUSEUM TERQUE
Historical and Ethnological Museum of broad content, divided into various rooms. The materials are distributed in thematic units. Collect tillage, own tools for crafts, instruments of daily life etc..
(XVII-XVIII century). The background of these nineteenth-century bourgeois homes in Terque are found in the stately homes of the Old Regime, large baroque houses linked to the economic recovery of the valley during the eighteenth century, similar to models and Fondón Laujar in Upper Andarax. Is Housing Case C / Porras 6, which originally could be brothers Juan and Francisco de Porras and Torres, who had been promoted in 1762 a lawsuit of nobility or finishing in the Granada Chancery. The front shows the most popular character of the Baroque, displayed a lack of ornamentation, cleanly cutting holes the wall, the dedifferentiation of plants, the importance of wrought iron railings as a symbol of prestige, and the cover and stately detail and classicist, who uses the model of pilasters centering gateway and holding a central balcony ledge. An old legend says that D. Juan of Austria, brother of King Philip II, spent the night here in the War of the Alpujarras, a tradition that is repeated in many villages of La Alpujarra. These rural Baroque features, related to the Old Regime, are common to the house Yebra at No. 3 located opposite the former, remodeled in the nineteenth century by these well Uveros owners to make more comfortable the nothing cozy old houses. Today is municipal property and Documentation Centre houses the Museum of Terque. After entering these two Baroque houses Porras Street must retrace his steps to continue the route marked by the footprints on the floor.