App Android & iOS
AQUEDUCT BCO. MARTIN
Simple single arch aqueduct, built in mud and masonry that allows the canal to cross the ravine Alta Martin.
August 17, Rágol: Celebrations in honor of San Agapito
The festivities take place between 17 and 21 August. The town is dumped their parties to honor their patron.
Great variety of tapas
BRIDGE BCO. CAVES
Single span bridge, built in masonry, the corner posts and the inside of the brick arch alfahar. Parapets are run type.
Puente large (25m long by 4m wide and over 25 m in height). With a single span. Masonry construction, with the corner and traditional brick thread.
Steep ravine short length, developed on carbonate materials with a vertrical part on the runway.
CANYON DE LAS CUEVAS
Set a few artificial caves, carved into the cliff earthy Canyon, which served as silos.
CANYON OF THE TILES
Hill at the foot of the northern slope of Sierra de Gador, delimited by two ravines.
Barranco abrupt cuts with appreciable carbonate. Agricultural use in lower bounds.
(XVIII century). It is the only other that has come from a former water mill for grinding grain, consisting of a whaling or take the river or the canal formed by a series of arches that allow to obtain the slope of the nature required. This is the tower that collects water pressure to move all the grinding mechanism. These elements are central to ancient agribusiness companies for cereals, the staple food of the population. However this is only the old mill caz to the ancient nature, formed by this aqueduct built in the late nineteenth century because a torrential flood in the May 1, 1875 was the canal that brought water to the mill. In 1913 a small annex built as trail access for horses, now under a century-old eucalyptus. The set was recently renovated as a pedestrian space. After visiting the remains of the Mill Caz we retrace our steps to continue the route marked by the footprints on the floor.
CEMETERY S. MIGUEL
Large cemetery, in which three zones appear burials. Around the room are several tombs built dome-shaped canyon in tradiciona.El brick has a small cemetery located capilla.l
Chapel of Souls
(XIX century). Located at the entrance of the town, on Royal Street, recalls the heavy load of popular religiosity Andarax entire valley from the martyrs of the War of the Alpujarras and the Catholic Counter-Reformation Council of Trent encouraging us to intercede for the souls purgatory. This sacralization of space involves placing shrines of souls to remember the dead, dear family, we must save purgatory by our intercession and prayers, and we must always be at peace with God and free from sin, for death awaits us in any time. But it also served as a shrine for God entrusted to your trip, always dangerous at the time.
CHAPEL qubba RAGOL
Small chapel square and domed roof floor, attached now to homes.
Church of San Miguel de Rágol
(XVI century). We are facing one of the first churches built in the Alpujarra, in this case in 1530, but rebuilt from 1594 after the destruction and burning Moorish 1568. However its vicissitudes not end here, because was ruined by the violent earthquake in 1804 and the parish church moves to another place, but also went bankrupt in 1842. The rebuilding of the new church was delayed until 1861 and ended seven years later, helping neighbors and economically under the technical direction of the municipal architect Fabio Almeria Gago, who reaprovechará ancient armor of the seventeenth century in order to maintain the flavor of the Factory original Moorish temple. In 1871 a flood swept part of a later section of the church, which was reduced in size and a retaining wall rose. During the Civil War he was robbed of all their images, and objects of worship. We are faced with the simplest model of Mudejar church plant drawer with a single nave, chancel without transverse arch but differentiated only by an elevation of the stairs, and covered with armor limabordón four sides, where part of almizate (central horizontal weave cloth) loop is decorated with eight sides. Emphasizes the monumentality and beauty couple straps on canes, carrying one recalling the date of 1861 the rebuilding of the building. Recently, the temple has been renovated, especially the armor, which has regained its original beauty simple, but the golden border of some elements of the armor is a reinterpretation of the architect. It also highlights the chorus at the foot supported by two iron uprights, revealing late as the second half of the nineteenth century. The tower is attached to the right of the main body of the parish building. Although postwar image of the Crucified stands the main altar, the sculptor Eduardo Espinosa Alfambra Granada, but the protagonist is the image of the martyr San Agapito, Rágol pattern, always remembered in the patronal feast of August 18.
It has a rectangular nave with armor limabordón with braces on canes apeinazados profile in S and decorative panels at the ends and center of almizate. The walls of brick and ribbons rafas drawers and masonry, are crowned with a crown of bricks and sardinel gola profile. The tower stands at the head in the epistle side of bells and presents on each side a vain with arch, molding the impost and hipped roof. Board to the tower is the sacristy and the former vicarage. Doors open at the end wall of the feet and on the side of the gospel and offer arch that is cut directly into the wall.
(XIX century). Now we are going to propose a small climb to reach the lookout, but the experience will be worth it and the views over the valley of the river Andarax are magnificent. You must then retrace your steps to continue the beaten path. If the traditional model is to install the clock in the steeple of the church, here we see 50 meters above the village, in a small house built in 1928. From the top of the town overlooking the urban and traditionally served as neighbors watch for when only the wealthy could afford it bourgeois. Traditionally life was governed by the solar time, regulated by the shadow of a natural object (a stone or a tree), and in the best cases by a sundial. During the nineteenth century public clocks will be disseminated on the towers of the churches or in public spaces dominate the urban fabric, as in this case.
El Camino Real Bearings of Section 5 Alcora-Rágol-Instinción
The route of the Royal Foundries takes us to the time in which the desire of the Bourbon monarchy illustrated try to put up a metallurgical center in the Alpujarras to offset the growing problems of the mines and factories of the crown had Linares. While holding the lead saw Gádor goes back to prehistoric times, continuing in antiquity and to a lesser extent in the Middle and Modern Ages, the eighteenth century marks a turning point for the history of this activity in our environment. This momentum is due primarily to the needs of this metal has the Crown and the subsequent creation of two Royal Foundries: Alcora and Presidio (now Source Victoria) which in turn would lead to the construction of an important road for service. The Way of the Royal Foundries is an interesting piece of engineering built to effectively link the port of Almeria capital mining and smelting saw Gádor. The work developed during the last decades of the eighteenth century, making a quick exit to the sea in an intricate environment. Finally after successive crises and dropouts since the mid-twentieth century opens last season operating on the basis of reprocessing old tailings in order to monetize previously discarded lead also exploiting a new mineral of interest: fluorite. The result of this historical process, has been bequeathed to us a transformed landscape and a simple but interesting heritage, consisting of mines, foundries, laundries, bridge, etc.. whose main value lies in the perception that we can have so many generations of effort devoted to harnessing the bowels of this alpujarreño environment.
Argárico populated walled, strong defense and superb visual control over this narrow stretch of river character.
EL Pilarico OF RAGOL
Source frontal pyramidal and rectangular pillar that acts as a watering hole, the whole made of stone.
Pillar whose source is formed by three incomplete semicircles being larger central. The front wall so constutuye from which two pipes.
Housing Bourgeois in Plaza de Andalucía
(XIX century). The export of grapes of Almeria and the benefits of mining alpujarreña resulted in the consolidation of a bourgeois class, which builds homes accommodated translate their prestige and social role in the facade. The model is consolidated in the late nineteenth century with a single family home, usually on two floors, and eclectic composition of the facade, which combines classical and symmetrical composition distribution in the gaps with a simplicity in recuadramiento with segmented arches and molded, filled with rich railings. The interior is organized around a coffer or covered skylight as giving light and ventilation to the home patio set. A good example is the three-storey house Infanta Leonor Street, corner of the square, with the novelty of a large door with a curb stone and a lateral projection to allow passage of chariots and beasts within the block located at the rear of the building, which would originally attached to a slate floor. The functionality of this door reminds us of the agricultural economy of time and the use of the ground floor as a warehouse and stable. This square will reach its festive flair to spruce Holy Saturday with the "huertecico" a typical party ragoleña. At No. 2 Square housing Antonio Guil goes back to his grandfather Joseph Guil, a known exporter of grapes, and notes with a simple patio lights, like housing Miguel Salvador in the Carrera del Carmen 4A , we find a greater pretensions of grandeur in the splendid ironwork, the entrance hall and the courtyard, enclosed on the bottom stair access to the ground floor with a triple arcade arch, and with a high casetón in a clear effect of highlighting the volume of housing on the set of the urban fabric.
HOYA CUEVAS DEL CERRON
Set field carbonated semi caves at the entrance of some of which remains of a masonry enclosure appear. Above them appear dumps of various mine shafts.
(XX Century). We begin our itinerary as characteristic element of La Alpujarra like this. The sinks were fundamental elements of traditional culture for domestic hygiene before the public supply to rural households, in the case of Rágol in 1978. Its structure was similar to the traditional houses with masonry walls and ceilings launa, and is provided with a rectangular channel for accepting a raised passage of water and piles of washing side. Unfortunately a remodel a few decades ago the popular taste much reduced It was a fundamental social relation feminine space, a meeting place to exchange experiences, discuss current problems and even allowed licensed exchange glances or words with the young, taking the burden of the beasts at the watering hole.
Several slabs driven into the ground for a possible megalithic tomb.
Old flour mill, with nature and grinding room. The cube built on three levels is kept in top condition.