Urban route Laujar Andarax "The Hizán" - Route II
To perform this second urban route "The Hizán" (a term that means castle and describes the original Islamic urbanism lift of the population, guided with yellow pieces) by the municipality of Andarax Laujar should be directed to the starting point located in the Tourist Information Point (PIT) is located in Laujar pergola next to the main square of La Alpujarra.
Leave from the Plaza to descend to cross the road to The Birth and entered this ancient neighborhood of El Hizán (the Castle), ascending the slope of New Street.
- House of Calvache (XVIII century). At the front we find the house Calvache, old wealthy family of the eighteenth century, with the characteristic typology of these stately homes of the Old Regime, with a design of classical composition or the importance of easy access cover between Doric pilasters or railings. It has three floors, with the ground floor for stores and services, the first with the private rooms and the top floor for any storing and drying grain slaughter.
- Laundry slum (XX Century). The Christian recruitment and population growth of the eighteenth century led to the expansion of the Hizán along the old road from Presidio Andarax (Source Victoria), setting the current Barrio Bajo. At the top of the sink, despite its modernization, retains the defining features of a laundry "in a circle", appreciated by women to promote communication and treatment for the hard tasks of laundry is located. The sinks were fundamental elements of traditional culture for domestic hygiene before the public supply to rural households in the sixties and seventies of last century. Its structure is similar to the traditional houses with masonry walls and ceilings launa, and is provided with a rectangular channel for accepting a raised passage of water and piles of washing side, preceded here by a watering hole for the animals between itself and the adjacent laundry source. It was a fundamental social relation feminine space, a meeting place to exchange experiences, discuss current problems and even allowed licensed exchange glances or words with the young, taking the burden of the beasts at the watering hole.
- Pilar de San Blas (XVII and XVIII century). This pillar-trough out with its curious Horny pagan masks and appearance, so some cite it as of Roman origin, although it is actually the seventeenth or eighteenth centuries, but with a recent beautification of the upper front. It is considered the oldest population.
- Mirador del Molino It allows us to enjoy the Andarax River Hill Almirez appreciate and observe the front occupied by the missing population Hormica environment and the tower of the Villa Tourist. The name comes from placed above the mill called Rafael. We continue ascending along the edge of the Hizán and we left the hill that leads to the heart of the old Alcazaba Laujar.
- Alcazaba de Laujar (XVII Century). It was a large enclosure that centralized power of the old Muslim Taha Andaraj, but after the Moorish and prevention of further uprisings rebellions demolition of these old castles is ordered, so that the remains are scarce (some cloth wall and of towers). According to some authors Almutasim was built by King Taifa of Almería, and during the civil wars Nazari settled here El Zagal, brother of King Muley They, in their confrontation with his nephew Boabdil, the last ruler of the kingdom of Granada. Later, in 1492, after the capitulation of Granada and will be chosen by Boabdil himself to his exile to exile in North Africa. It was also the establishment of the provisional court Aben Humeya, leader of the Moorish rebellion of 1568, and more recently an ejido or community field threshing various eras (in one of which we are). After visiting the few remains of the old Alcazaba we retrace our steps to continue the route, following the footprints on the floor marked in yellow Descend the hill to continue to the left along the eastern edge of El Hizán.
- Street Alcazaba Continue down the street Alcazaba, ancient outer road round castle guard. We are one of the most traditional neighborhoods of Laujar, offering us some few remains of the wall, besieged by dwellings. Moving this street is a haven of tranquility and a suggestion to the past.
- Pilar de Fuente Nueva In La Alpujarra pillars and fountains are the center of the neighborhood, as needed public water collection service for homes and quench the thirst of farm animals. It was a space of conviviality and sociability of the population, particularly crucial to the supply of the property in the last decades of the twentieth century. Here the trough edge wear reveals his intense daily use until recent water pipes to the houses. The top pediment is a recent beautification.
- House Villaespesa Francisco In the Plaza de Fuente Nueva house modernist poet and playwright Francisco Villaespesa (1877-1936) is located. With a major influence on the artistic content of the letter of Flamenco and supporter of the Nicaraguan poet Rubén Darío, who is from the nearby town of Ohanes, Villaespesa has a large work. It highlights the more than 50 books of poetry, as Velocity or Tristitiae rerum, and various novels and plays, including The Palace of pearls or precisely known as Aben Humeya, leader of the Moorish rebellion.
- Pilar de San Antonio In the square stands the pillar Humilladero San Antonio, curious source octagonal cylindrical body topped by a half sphere. Dating from the eighteenth century was recently made him strong restoration. Emphasizes the clear differentiation between the sources themselves, for human supply, large pylons for watering the cattle, clearly related to the differentiation sanitary enlightened spirit of the eighteenth century, when it was built.
- House of the Ruiz family It relates to the type of housing of low local nobility of the XVII and XVII centuries, as seen above, and emphasizes the cover, made of brick and framed by Doric pilasters, within a simple classical composition of the facade. This gives these stately homes of the Old Regime, linked to the lower nobility with large farms some representation. After visiting this property we retrace our steps to continue the route marked in yellow. Our way back to square Laujar is made by San Miguel street, crossing again Ramblilla El Hizán and leads us to the house of the vicar and the imposing church of the Incarnation, so we crossed Route I "The Auxar" marked on the floor with footprints green.